The Giant Platform is designed to facilitate your use of your account and the provision of products and services to you by third parties. If you wish to register for an account and have access to and use the products and/or services via this Giant Platform, information will be collected from you via this Giant Platform.
Information we may collect from you
1.”Personal Data” refers to any data or information about or relating to or pertaining to you from which you can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access. We may collect the following Personal Data from you:
(i) your full name;
(ii) the number of your passport, identity card or other identification document which bears your photograph;
(iii) your contact details (including address, telephone number, e-mail address) and proof of the same;
(iv) demographic information, investment details, and any information about your transactions made using your account via this Giant Platform (including balances, parties to the transactions, account usage, insurance policies, bank account information, account statements, etc.);
(v) other personal data which you have provided to us or third party providers of products or services via this Giant Platform (“Third Party Providers”) in any forms of interaction with you; and
(vi) information we collect when you use this Giant Platform or visit our online platforms, website and other services, including your IP address (see “Cookies” below).
- It is mandatory for you to provide Personal Data; or else we will not be able to:
(i) provide you with the functions available on this Giant Platform;
(ii) verify your identity or facilitate your use of your account with us and related products and services once you have activated your account; or
(iii) display information including transactions records of account or the services of this Giant Platform,
Otherwise provision of your Personal Data is voluntary.
The purposes of our use of your Personal Data
- We will collect and use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
(i) verifying your identity and records of your account;
(ii) opening, managing, administering and maintaining the continuation of your account with us;
(iii) determining, displaying and communicating with you regarding the transaction status or the amount owed to or by you in your account;
(iv) paying dividends, interest, proceeds and other amounts to you;
(v) collecting payments and outstanding amounts from you;
(vi) performing our obligations under any agreement between you and us or Third Party Providers;
(vii) facilitating the provision of products and services by Third Party Providers to you;
(viii) to contact you with marketing communications regarding products or services via mail, email, telephone, SMS, instant messaging, social media or push notification;
(ix) complying with our requirements to make disclosure under any law, regulation or court order, or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities;
(x) conducting marketing and statistical research and analysis;
(xi) ensuring, checking or reviewing your ongoing creditworthiness;
(xii) designing financial services or related products for your use;
(xiii) any other purpose directly related to the above-mentioned purposes; and
(xiv) any other purpose to which you have consented.
To whom your Personal Data may be transferred
- We may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties:
(i) Third Party Providers and any of our and Third Party Provider’s affiliates, agent, contractor, auditors or third party service provider, insurer, investment service providers, business partners or advisors including telemarketers, mailing houses, IT service providers, data processors, banks, MasterCard, Visa in connection with the management, operation, administration or support of your account and/or the performance of services via this Giant Platform;
(ii) to any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities as required;
(iii) a counterparty to a transaction that is entered into on your behalf;
(iv) any interested party that requests reasonable information, where you have defaulted in the performance of your obligations under an agreement with us or entered by us on your behalf; and/or
(v) any other person to whom you have consented.
The above mentioned third parties may process and store your Personal Data in or outside of any jurisdiction. You expressly confirm and agree that Third Party Providers to whom we have disclosed your Personal Data for the purpose of their provision of products and/or services to you accessed via this Giant Platform may disclose new and/or further Personal Data to us as a result of or in connection with such provision of products and/or services. You expressly confirm and agree that such new and/or further Personal Data so disclosed to us shall be collected stored and used by us for the purposes as stipulated in and in accordance with this policy.
- If you have switched on your location services, information about your physical location sent from your smartphone or handheld device that is controlled by you and onto which Giant Platform can be downloaded (e.g. GPS signals) may be provided to and used by us. By using this Giant Platform, you consent to the use of location services. You may withdraw your consent at any time by turning off the location services settings on your device.
- We will use your Personal Data for direct marketing but we cannot do this without your consent (which includes an indication of no objection). In this regard, by using this Giant Platform, you consent to us using, from time to time, your Personal Data (for example, your passport, identity card or other identification document which bears your photograph your address, telephone number, email address and/or account usage) to:
(i) promote and market our services and those services and products of Third Party Providers;
(ii) provide your Personal Data to third parties for gain for direct marketing purposes;
(iii) promote our reward, loyalty, co-branding or privileges programmers and related services; and/or
(iv) share, from time to time, your Personal Data (for example, your address, telephone number, email address and/or account usage) with our affiliates, partners and Third Party Providers to market their services and products.
If you do not want us to use or share your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes as described above, please do not use this Giant Platform. If you later decide you no longer wish to receive any such direct marketing communications, you may opt out at any time by contacting us.
Where we store your Personal Data
- We may transfer your Personal Data to, and store it in or outside any jurisdiction. Your Personal Data may also be processed by our suppliers or Third Party Providers. By providing us with your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Security and retention
- Where Personal Data is stored, accessed or transmitted via the internet, it is not completely secure. We will take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data, but we do not have any control over, and cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted via the internet outside this Giant Platform. Therefore, any such storage, access or transmission is at your own risk.
- This Giant Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of any Third Party Providers and others. If you follow a link to any of these mobile apps or websites, please note that these mobile apps and websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these mobile apps and websites.
- We will retain and request our service providers to retain your Personal Data only for so long as is necessary in accordance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- In order to improve the quality of your experience when using our website or Giant Platform services, and to distinguish you from other users of these services, we may use tracking technologies on our website and this Giant Platform, such as cookies for the collection and use of Personal Data or other information. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that our web servers send to your device when you visit certain parts of this Giant Platform. The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. Cookies may be disabled by changing the setting on your web browser or device but this cannot be done while using this Giant Platform. However, if cookies are disabled, you may not be able to use certain functionalities or login to secured pages on this Giant Platform.
Your data privacy rights
- Subject to the law, you may:
(i) check whether we hold Personal Data about you and may request access to that information and to information about the ways in which we have used and disclosed that information;
(ii) require us to correct any inaccuracy in any of your Personal Data held by us;
(iii) request us to stop processing your Personal Data held by us; and/or
(iv) ascertain our policies and practices in relation to your Personal Data.
- If you request access to or correction of Personal Data, we have the right under the law to:
(i) charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request, in which case we will inform you of the fee amount and accepted payment methods; or
(ii) reject a request if there is a valid reason for such rejection.
- Requests for access or correction of Personal Data, or for us to stop processing your Personal Data, or for information regarding our data protection policies and practices, may be addressed to us as follows:
Personal Data Privacy Officer / Giant Financial Services Limited